Training & Development > Workshops
& Events > Successful Project Planning
Planning a new program or project is a big undertaking,
i.e., moving to a new location, adopting a new technology, forming
new partnerships, etc. which draws resources away from your regular
operations. To ensure success, the following topics will be explored:
1. Project Planning – an overview of the components.
2. What challenges should you be anticipating as you enter the project?
3. How to estimate costs accurately – how do tenders work,
4. What information is necessary to estimate a feasible time line?
5. Partnerships – when is it a workable idea?
6. Who does what? Defining, understanding, and negotiating the roles
of the funder and your other partners.
7. Implementation: Staying on top of the project to make sure you
stay within the budget and timeline”.
Who Should Attend:
Executive Directors, Board members, managers, project managers,
and project committee members.
Time: Wednesday, November 22, 2006 (9am-4:00pm)
here to register on-line!
*fee includes course materials and refreshments
VM Training Room, 3rd Floor (United Way Floor),
5 Donald Street South
Bring your own. Coffee and light refreshments will
Information: Contact Tracy Douglass at (204) 477-5180 ext
222, toll free: 1-888-922-4545, e-mail to