- Volunteer Manitoba is excited to bring David Hartley back to Winnipeg for two exciting and engaging days of professional development. We guarantee you've never attended sessions as fun, practical, comprehensive, and informative as these before. Join us for Risk Management for Non-Profits: How to Motivate Your Leaders and Protect Your People on May 31st, and The Irrefutable Laws of Leadership: Maximizing the Potential of Your Leaders and Volunteers While Avoiding Burnout on June 1st. Both days take place at the Delta Hotel Downtown Winnipeg, and participants are encouraged to register for both. Lunch is included.
The Irrefutable Laws of Leadership: Maximizing the Potential of Your Leaders and Volunteers While Avoiding Burnout
In this interactive and engaging workshop, David Hartley, former director of Imagine Canada's Insurance and Liability Resource Centre for Non-Profits, will address the core concepts from the number one leadership book on the planet, John Maxwell's "The 21 Irrefutable Laws of Leadership", and help you and your organization build on your strengths or near strengths. John Maxwell has sold tens of millions of books on leadership, and David Hartley is a Certified John Maxwell Instructor.
- The day will also help you master the core principles for creating strong and high performing staff and volunteer teams.
All of this will be covered within the context of avoiding the biggest risk in the sector - burn out of key staff and volunteers. Practical tips and tools will be given to help make sure you and your team are managing.
- Testimonials on This Session
- "the workshop you presented was so great (and so entertaining) that I just couldn’t leave! Honestly!"
Cathy Cavanagh, Finance & Operations Manager, Northumberland United Way in Cobourg, ON
- "I am very impressed with what your group is pushing out to non profits. Great stuff and presented in a practical way. Great job - keep it up!!"
- Maureen Crawford, Director of Membership, Habitat for Humanity Canada
"Simply excellent. This is the best investment of time, at a bargain price, I have made in the last decade."
Friday, June1st, 2012
Delta Hotel Downtown Winnipeg
350 St Mary Ave
Fee: $160 for this one day (June 1st) workshop. Includes Lunch.
Facilitator: David Hartley
About David Hartley
David Hartley is the former Director of Imagine Canada's Insurance & Liability Resource Centre for Nonprofits. Previously a licensed insurance broker, in 1998 David began a career training insurance professionals, eventually for 3 Canadian insurers, until he joined Imagine Canada with the opening of this Centre, summer 2007.
Over the past 4 plus years David has conducted more than 220 risk management (including customized assessments), governance or leadership workshops with over 8,000 nonprofit leaders in 65 Canadian towns/cities. These workshops have met with rave reviews. His presentation style is described as "fresh, informative and very engaging".
David holds a Canadian Risk Management designation from the University of Toronto / Risk and Insurance Management Society. He also holds a John Maxwell leadership certification and at the November 2011 risk conference held the highest attended and evaluated workshop entitled "The 21 Irrefutable Laws of Leadership". He is available for risk, governance or leadership training/assessments for your nonprofit organization in 2012.
David considers it a privelege to be able to deliver the John Maxwell material!
Delores Jansen, Registration Coordinator
phone: 204.477.5180 ext 221 (toll free) 888.922.4545
Cancellation and final registration date: 7 days prior